Pre Design Phase | Let’s see if we’re a good fit for each other
Going into a partnership on a design to build process is almost like getting married for a good chunk of time. We need to make sure we are compatible! At Plain View D + B, we get to know each other first through email and video chat where we ask questions about your visions, goals, budget, timeline, etc. We also fill you in on our process including expectations from us and from you, payments, and contracts. This is a great way to make sure we are not wasting your time and we can get down to the business of designing and building your dream home ASAP!
- Fill out an inquiry form here, and make sure to fill it out fully! We will need to know your style and vision (Pinterest is a helpful way to show us this), your budget, and your timeline.
- If you are pursuing a remodel project, send us some photos of your current space as well.
- After this information, we will give you an idea on what the first phase of the process may cost, and also if your timeline fits into our current capacity.
Design Phase | The fun phase!
Once we all decide that the project is a go, payments are made and contracts are signed, we can get to the best part of the design + build process : DESIGN
- This phase involves a lot of designing and editing the design based on your feedback during our in person meetings.
- We submit all the paperwork during this phase and obtain permits and construction contracts are signed.
- Once the construction contract is signed, the design is finally complete! Any changes after this phase will be addressed on an hourly basis to protect the timeline and budget of your project!
Construction | We start this phase when we’re ready to finish this phase!
This exciting phase starts after construction documents are signed, scope of work is identified, and budget is finalized.
- We will be in communication with you very regularly during this phase! You will have the ability to ask as many questions as you wish through our online portal, and all emergent issues will be communicated via phone directly.
- You will also get weekly updates on all the things : timeline, budget, status.